How to Keep Your Employees Motivated
Businesses that want to succeed understand the importance of having employees that are always motivated. Quality work stems from motivated employees and this is the excitement needed for them to work well and effectively. It is not a must to increase their pay. All you need is implement the following:
• Improve Work Environment. A pleasant work environment will boost employee morale. Enhance the aesthetics and locate live plants within the office floor. Employees will feel motivated to work in a stress-free environment and boost their performance translating into increased productivity.
• Appreciate Employees’ Input. Take note of achievements by employees and appreciate them for that. Make it personal by writing a thank you note or email to them for the accomplishments that they are making. Rewards can also be made to appreciate them!
• Do Employee Coaching. Instead of micro-managing employees, show them how to move on towards the realization of company goals. Provide constructive feedback to struggling employees to help them become better. All they need is to know that you are concerned about their welfare.
• Promote Employee Training. Encourage employees to attend training sessions to learn new skills. Show them the importance of getting more certifications in their area of training. It will really be helpful in their work.
• Encourage Proper Communication. Employees can feel demoralized where there is no proper flow of information that is important for their work. Therefore, ensure that there is transparency by communicating on time and giving employees what they need to keep going.
• Dressing Down Fridays. Make Friday a day for casual wear. Allow employees to dress down in an effort to motivate them. That change and adjustment are important for their flexibility. It provides a new look and feel that connects them more to the work environment.
Keeping employees motivated is important for companies. Make use of these non-monetary strategies to create a positive work environment for them!
TAKE THE NEXT STEP: For a discovery business assessment, call +61 26362 8970 or CLICK HERE to book a FREE 15 minute call.