Celebrate the Small Stuff
In the midst of a pandemic, social unrest, and lagging economic news, it might be hard to find the silver lining.
Researchers are clear, celebrating even the smallest victories every day can go a long way to improving your mental health and your physical stamina. As a business owner, finding small things to celebrate even in the most challenging of times, is critical to keep your team motivated and inspired.
Celebrating the small stuff will lead you to find a positive side to almost every situation. Here are some examples.
- Celebrate that your team is healthy and coming back to work
- Celebrate that a customer service issue that has been resolved in a positive way
- Celebrate a new customer order or sale
- Celebrate employee milestones, work anniversaries, birthdays etc.
How can you further instill a “celebration” mindset in your business? Here are a few suggestions to implement.
- During a daily team huddle meeting, ask team members to share good news
- Ask team members to write down moments during their day they feel are celebration worthy in a “daily journal” that other employees can read
- Recognize those who actively participate and modelling the behavior you want
Ultimately, as the business owners and leader of your team it is important you demonstrate a positive attitude. So, remember to.
- Praise those that are doing exemplary work
- Acknowledge the achievement and completion of goals
- Regularly share your own accomplishments or a little good news
- Recognize teamwork and collaboration that is contributing to your overall business success.
Staying positive in the moment is hard. Remember habits grow over time and only if practiced. So, start small. Find one thing to be grateful for and celebrate it today. Then tomorrow find one more. Every day you take time to find what is going right, will encourage your team to do the same. Slipping on the rose-colored glasses everyday will give a renewed view of the world.
As an ActionCOACH and member of the International Coaching Federation, Mark has tools, resources and accreditation’s, which have enabled him1 to transform over 100 businesses and business owners’ lives including achieving an average of 50% growth in both revenue and profitability while creating an improved work life blend. Through our one to one programs I will work with you to create a plan, actions and time lines and hold you accountable to them, along with working with you to develop the necessary business skills TAKE THE NEXT STEP: For a discovery business assessment, call +61 26362 8970 or email email@example.com.